Just wanted to give you all subscribers to my blog the inside scoop! My cookbook is well underway, with the target of completion in late spring. This book has been 10 years in the making. Even though I have been one of the first in the space of online Middle Eastern cooking shows, I did not want to rush this book. I wanted the book to have a broad range of recipes from Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt with easy to follow instructions, and I will be so excited to share it with you! So thank you, whether you are aware of this or not your support keeps me accountable and striving to give you the best in Middle Eastern cuisine! And one more reminder if you are in the San Francisco Bay Area and want to attend my cooking class on March 13th, there are still a few seats left! Just click HERE to register.
I would love to share my recipes and food tasting with you and answer any questions you have live!
Now…onto a new recipe. If you sometimes just want to make a little meal for yourself, this is the recipe for you. I am just loving all the cauliflower products out there that cut down on the starch. When I discovered cauliflower gnocchi at Trader Joe’s, I knew I had to create something fun with it. This is truly one of my go-to winter dishes that I love because it has so much flavor, protein and fiber. Vegetarians can leave out the chicken sausage and add any vegan protein you wish. Likewise you can use nutritional yeast instead of the cheese. If there is no Trader Joe’s in your neighborhood to obtain the cauliflower gnocchi, there are some amazing lentil and even chickpea based pastas out there that are full of protein that would taste great in this recipe. So if you are cooking for one, and normally get take out or a frozen meal, treat yourself with this ten minute dish instead!
Have a fantastic week,
Cauliflower Gnocchi (Serves 1)
- 1 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cut up artichokes (I used the frozen kind and defrosted it)
- 1 Chicken sausage (or any vegan protein you like)
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cauliflower gnocchi (or any cooked pasta you like)
- 2 wedges lavashe kiri (Laughing Cow Cheese) or use nutritional yeast if vegan
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chicken or veggie broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of garlic powder (or can use one clove minced garlic)
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a skillet, slice the sausage and saute the the mushrooms in a tsp of olive oil until they start to brown. Add the tomatoes and artichokes and saute more, adding garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add the spinach and basil and cook until the spinach wilts. In another saucepan, add the broth and cheese wedges. Break apart the cheese and simmer until the broth boils and gets thicker, add the gnocchi (or cooked pasta) and cook for another 5 minutes. Pour the cheese and gnocchi mixture over the sausage and vegetable mixture, and mix to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.